Call For Artists
In 2020, artists need our support more than ever.
We are currently seeking new artists who are looking for a gallery to display and sell their work.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP IN THE ART FACTORY OF WHITE MILLS
Showcase Your Work
A Professional Display: The Art Factory of White Mills will provide each artist with a great space to showcase their work in our beautiful gallery. When applicable, we will provide an easel and/or bin to display additional artwork.
Share Your Story: The Art Factory of White Mills will do its best to “share your story” with patrons in an effort to sell your work. Obviously, we cannot guarantee sales. Your art must touch the viewer/patron, be priced to sell (affordably), and fit the buyer’s needs.
Create Awareness & Traffic: The Art Factory of White Mills continues to advertise at our discretion to create awareness and to drive traffic to our gallery. We are currently advertising on the radio, in tri-folds placed in many local businesses. We are members of the Northern Poconos Chamber of Commerce, Poconos Visitors Bureau, and Penn Dot Keystone Visitors Center. In addition, we are sponsors of Dorflingers, and Wayne County ArtAlliance. We advertise on a number of Visitor Center maps including the Route 6 Artisan Trail, Chamber map, and the Things To Do On Route 6 maps.
Gallery Membership Includes:
- Open 7 days a week 10 am – 5 pm ~ May Through December ~ /Open 10 am – 4 pm (Closed Wednesdays) ~January, February, March
- The Gallery Owners will be present to represent you.
- You will be invited to be a “Featured Artist.”
- You may schedule a day to do a “Meet & Greet.”
- You are invited and strongly encouraged to share “Special Events” with The Art Factory and to Offer Free Demos and Share Your Story, etc.
- You may teach classes if desired.
- Must be paid on time.
- Prepay for 10 months and receive 2 months free membership and the opportunity to have your artwork sold on our website at TheArtFactoryofWhiteMills.com.
- For all others, you must be prepaid for 3 months in advance at all times. We do not send out invoices, so you must be aware of your fees and when they are due.
- We require a bio for each artist. A few short paragraphs which include your background, what got you interested in being an artist, the type of work that you do, awards received, etc. We will amend it as needed.
Provide a worksheet with:
- Title of each art piece
- Price that you want the gallery to sell your work for (that includes our 30 percent commission)
- Length, height, and width of each piece
- Photo of all artwork on a flash drive
- All work must be mounted and “ready-to-hang” (hooks, wire, etc.)
- All artwork must be “blemish-free”
- All artwork will be hung and displayed by the gallery. Artists are not permitted to hang their own pieces.
- You may not remove all of your art if you are in a show somewhere else. We require that you have artwork in the gallery and available to sell at all times – no empty walls!
- Your artwork (the same artwork) needs to be exclusive to The Art Factory and not in other available locations.
- If you decide to withdraw from The Art Factory, we require that your account be current. We request 5 days notice. Please do not come in and expect to pick up all of your artwork without having given us notice.
Please Note: "S**t" Happens!
- We are not responsible for glue on sculptures drying out causing sculptures to fall apart.
- We are not responsible for damage caused by fingers touching, although we do our best to monitor people.